Pods o' Pop-Earl Thomas Conley-Part 2

Download | Duration: 00:17:48

Earl Thomas Conley discusses with Pods o' Pop host, Tracy Thibodeaux, some stories behind and the making of duets with Anita Pointer, Emmylou Harris, and Keith Whitley; they are "Too Many Times," "We Believe in Happy Endings," and "Brotherly Love."

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments

• 12/3/2013 5:26 PM Janet C wrote:
    Thank you for the interview with Earl Thomas Conley I LOVED it! I believe him to be one of the most underrated artists of our generation and with all of his accomplishments, and there are many, most people today don't even know who he is. He has influenced so many of the artists in today's music like, Toby Keith, Blake Shelton, Jake Owen and many more so I thank you for allowing your listeners to have an education of not only ETC but so many of our artists from the 80's & 90's that people have forgotten! Thank you for not letting those incredible artists fade away but letting them shine during your interviews that are in depth and very enlightening. Love what you do and again I thank you for what you do and especially for the Earl Thomas Conley interview!! Keep up the great work..
    1. 12/3/2013 7:10 PM Pods o' Pop wrote:
      Hi, Janet,
      Thank you most kindly, ma'am, for your letter and it's complimentary and encouraging content!  Thanks, too, for sharing the interview and helping spread the word about this interview in particular and Pods o' Pop in general!  May I use your comments in a testimonial sort of way for Pods o' Pop?
      Thanks again, Janet!
      Best regards,
      Tracy Thibodeaux

• 12/3/2013 9:45 PM Janet C wrote:
    You may indeed use my comments. I loved the interview that I listened to and I plan to sit and listen to several more later tonight. I particularly wanted to hear the ones with ETC as I am a BIG fan. The interview was done very professionally as you were very well prepared and quite informed on his background. I was impressed with the flow of the interview..it was as if you had a plan for your questions in order however, if something was said my Mr. Conley you were quite ready to take it in another direction. This was very well done as I know he is not very comfortable in an interview setting and it was as if you put him at ease and it allowed him to open up more to your questions. I applaud you and I look forward to hearing the one with Ed Bruce as well. You are doing quite the job of bringing artists from the past to the forefront and for that I thank you..the listeners today need educated of the wonderful artists of the past who are still out pounding the paths down the highway doing what they love and have certainly never forgotten how to preform only they are not given the opportunity of doing so on the radio. So again thank you for giving an avenue for them to remind us how good them are and showing the ones today who may not be as savvy just how it is done!!
    1. 12/3/2013 9:59 PM Pods o' Pop wrote:
      You honor me, ma'am!  Thank you so very much for a most welcome appraisal and critique as well as for the articulation with which you deliver it!
      Thank you for granting me permission to use your comments, too.
      Best,
      Tracy Thibodeaux

• 12/9/2013 11:37 AM Nadine Simon wrote:
    I just finished (again) listening to Part 1 and Part 2 of this interview with Earl..Yes, You handled it professionaly and let us see the side of Earl when he is comfortable..This man always amazes me with his songs and voice..He has so much talent it is unbelievable and to hold himself true to his belief of how to put together and deliver every song. Yes, I love ETC, and thank you again..
  • 12/13/2013 4:53 AM Beef Jerky wrote:
    HUGE ETC fan here! just wanted to thank you for the great interview hopefully the "Con" man will put out some new music soon as well thanks again!
    1. 12/26/2013 7:00 PM Pods o' Pop wrote:
      Hi, BJ, and thanks very much for listening to the Pods o' Pop-Earl Thomas Conley interview!  Thanks, too, my friend, for taking time to write.  Keep listening!